Merrow Church

  132_4 Merrow Church    : The Church of St John the Evangelist.  Norman fragments but largely a Victorian rebuild.  It was in a ruinous state in the 1840s and was rebuilt between 1842 and 1843.  Merrow was called Marewe in 1185 and no interpretation has ever been satisfactorily put on this name, it may … Continue reading Merrow Church