Albury Old Church

Plan of Albury Old Church

Site plan Albury Old Church

: Dedicated to St Peter and St Paul, this lovely little church was the hub of the old village of Albury from Saxon times until it became redundant with the destruction of the village caused by the landowner, Captain Finch, embarking on a programme of harassment with the result that the population eventually moved to Weston Street, which became the village of Albury a short distance to the west, where a new parish church was built in 1842. (See the DEERLEAP LINE).  The church is now in the care of the Redundant Churches Fund.

Albury Old Church from South

Albury Old Church from the south

 

 

Leave a Reply